Colin is the Director of Operations for a large manufacturing company…
Colin was under a lot of pressure. He was overseeing the opening of a new manufacturing facility in Quebec. The facility was scheduled to open in less than a month and there was still so much to do! Among his many responsibilities, Colin was tasked with managing the translation of the facility’s signage, instruction manuals and safety guides from English to French. He engaged the company’s bilingual employees to perform the translations, and he was confident they would meet the aggressive deadline.
After taking a few deep breaths, Colin was able calm down and create a strategy to defuse the situation. He called the staff in for a mandatory 6am meeting, where he explained the mistranslation and reiterated the need for protective equipment. The factory manager was there to relay the information in French for the non-English speaking employees. Colin stayed at the facility all day to ensure every single employee was in compliance. Later that night, when he finally had a few minutes to himself, Colin replayed the events of the past 24 hours in his head. How could I have let this happen? What if that employee never notified me of the mistranslation? Someone could have been seriously injured today. Colin knew what he had to do. He sent all of the files that had been translated by his bilingual employees to a professional translation agency. Colin was going to make sure a mistake like this never happened again.
LSA helps people like Colin.
“My experience with LSA has been nothing but positive. LSA is a company that provides quality language services at a competitive price. Our dedicated translation project manager has been an absolute pleasure to work with. She is proactive, detail-oriented and professional. I can rest assured knowing she is on top of every last detail!”
– Roger Duce, Director of Sales and Marketing
doTERRA, Huntingdon, Cambs (UK)
How Does It Work?
When it comes to meeting your global business needs, you can always rely on us for accurate, reliable, timely and cost-effective professional translation solutions. We’ll work with you on an individual basis and help you choose the translation method (or combination of methods) that best meets your budget and project requirements. You’ll have the opportunity to choose from the following translation methods:
- Enhanced Machine Translation (EMT), with or without post-editing — EMT enables you to provide fast, inexpensive translations using terminology that is unique and specific to your organization.
- Translation, Editing and Proofreading (TEP)* — This is a three-step process. After translating, the document is sent to a second linguist who serves as an editor. The editor may make changes and corrections to the initial translation and has the final say on these edits. The editor then sends the document to the Project Manager (PM), who provides a final proofread and quality assurance check.
- Translation, Editing, Proofreading and PM Proofreading (TEPP)* — This is a four-step process. After the document is translated by one linguist and edited by a second linguist, the translation goes to a third linguist for in-language proofreading. The proofreader then sends the document to the PM, who provides a final proofread and quality assurance check. This process ensures the highest possible translation quality.
*Our TEP and TEPP processes are ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
Who's Using It?
Some of the largest companies in the world, across virtually every industry, rely on our professional translation solutions to build a strong international brand, drive global revenues and improve customer satisfaction and retention…Learn More.
Why Should I Use LSA's Professional Translation Solutions?
When you select us as your translation partner, you’ll benefit from high-quality translations, exceptional customer service and dedicated project management support. You’ll also have unlimited access to our completely secure, Web-based INTERPRETRAC® platform. Submit requests, approve estimates, monitor projects and retrieve translated documents with just the click of a button! And if you’re taking advantage of our interpretation solutions, manage your entire language services plan through one vendor. Learn more about what a partnership with LSA means for you below.
All translators are certified by reputable associations or have the equivalent in experience and education, such as:
- American Translators’ Association (ATA)
- Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC)
- Colegio de Traductores Publicos (CTPBA)
- Monterey Institute Graduate School of Translation & Interpretation (GSTI)
- The Translators and Interpreters Guild (TTIG)
Upon the completion of a translation, the editor performs an evaluation of not only the translation, but of the translator themselves, assuring ongoing quality evaluation of all linguists used. The editor, in turn is graded by the Project Manager.
- A dedicated Client Services department that’s devoted to providing professional, caring and timely support
- 24 / 7 live customer service support
- A streamlined 8-step Client Services Feedback Process designed to document, investigate and resolve all client feedback
- A robust 8-step Implementation Process for new clients
- Refresher training and re-inservicing for existing clients
- User education materials and interactive tutorials available on our Client Education Web Portal
- The ability to contact a member of our Client Services team by phone, e-mail, live chat or social media with an average response time of 30 minutes (during standard business hours)
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started with LSA is easy! Call us at 800.305.9673 X55305 or contact us online.