American Sign Language Services from LSA
Get easy access to RID-certified sign language interpreters to better serve your Deaf or Hard of Hearing community
For those times when you need to access an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter on demand, IRIS, our Instant Remote Interpretation Services platform is the perfect solution. Connect to RID-certified sign language interpreters from the convenience of your computer in just seconds. And when your assignment requires a more personal touch, just log in to our completely secure online scheduling platform and request an onsite sign language interpreter.
Our professional sign language interpreting solutions have been designed with you in mind.
- Easy access to RID-certified interpreters
- Choose between in-person or via video
- Secure online scheduling
Visit our ASL quick facts page to learn more.
“We recently had a hearing impaired patient scheduled for surgery who was in need of an ASL interpreter. Unfortunately, this need was only made known to us the day before the surgery. I immediately contacted LSA and our dedicated Account Manager went to great lengths to ensure we had the video interpreting service set up for surgery the next day so that we could access an ASL interpreter. How he did it should be a case study on going above and beyond for the client and the patient, providing the little extras that truly make a difference.”
– Francis A. Pommett, Jr. LFACHE, Chief Operating Officer
Shands Lake Shore Regional Medical Center, Lake City, FL
Manage all your language needs in one place.
Partner with us and take advantage of our full range of language services. Here’s what you’ll get:
Qualified Interpreters & Linguists
Our interpreters and linguists are some of the most qualified in the field.
Before an interpreter or linguist is accepted into our network their qualifications are thoroughly evaluated. We put all candidates through a robust Quality Assurance Process to validate their language proficiency and assess their interpreting skills.
Our translators and linguists have the experience and education to meet your needs. [rfm-reveal title=”Read More”]
We go to great lengths to pair you with translators and linguists who are:
- Native speakers
- Subject-matter experts
- Medically and legally qualified
- ADA, HIPAA, HITECH, IDEA, CMS and Joint Commission compliant
When needed we have a large pool of on-site interpreters who have passed rigorous government background checks, acquired the necessary security clearances, and who have received the required immunizations.
All of our American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters are RID* certified and many are certified by associations such as:
- American Translators’ Association (ATA)
- Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC)
- Colegio de Traductores Publicos (CTPBA)
- Monterey Institute Graduate School of Translation & Interpretation (GSTI)
- The Translators and Interpreters Guild (TTIG)
*The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) serves as the national standard for ASL interpretation certification. Some states also offer their own certification. We put all of our ASL interpreters through a rigorous screening and qualification process. This ensures we provide interpreters who are best matched to your requests based on their experience, skills and credentials to your requests. Our sign language interpreters also follow the industry recognized standard Code of Professional Conduct, which includes adherence to the standards of confidential communication and a guide to ethical decision making.
We’ll do everything in our power to exceed your expectations and make sure you have a positive experience, every time.
Founded more than a quarter of a century ago, LSA runs on one simple principle: offer each client the best service possible. Our aim is to build meaningful relationships with each and every one of our clients. We hire only friendly, passionate people that share our core values and our obsession with customer service.
So that when you place your trust in us you get…
- A dedicated Client Experience department that strives to anticipate and understand your specific needs.
- A thorough implementation process — That supports new clients by providing comprehensive live training as well as web-based access to user education materials and interactive tutorials.
- 24 / 7 support by phone, e-mail or live chat*
- A streamlined experience feedback process. — We document, investigate and resolve all feedback quickly and effectively.
- Refresher training, re-inservicing, and a dedicated client education web portal featuring education materials and interactive tutorials for when you might need additional help in the future.
*Average response time of 30 minutes during standard business hours.
Get the data you need in real-time with just the click of a button.
Our completely secure, easy-to-use INTERPRETRAC® platform helps you use this real-time business intelligence data to reduce cost, increase efficiency and better meet the needs of your clients.
See how easy and simple it is to pull, view, and export customized reports based on:
- Time of day
- Trend activity levels
In just seconds use this real-time business intelligence data to:
- Reduce cost
- Increase efficiency
- Better meet the needs of your clients.
Contact an LSA representative for your free INTERPRETRAC® demo today!
Schedule, change and monitor all of your face-to-face interpreting requests from your computer!
Schedule ASL and face-to-face services at your convenience without ever having to send an e-mail or pick up the phone! And, no more waiting until the end of a billing cycle to analyze total spend. We make it easy to create and view billing reports by:
If you do want to speak with someone directly, our dedicated coordinators are available 24/7 and are happy to help.